This is the privacy statement of London Football.
Types of personal information we collect
We may collect, use and store different types of personal information about you,
which we have grouped together as follows:
Types of personal information: Description
Identity data: ID information including your name, title and date of
Contact data: Home address, e-mail address and telephone number
Financial data: Payment card details
Transactional data: Details of payments to and from you and other details
about services you purchase from us
Communications data: Information contained in letters, emails and other
forms of electronic communications and conversations between us
Social relationships data: Details about your family, friends and other
Marketing data: Details about your preferences in receiving marketing
communications from us and our partners
Consents data: Any permissions, consents or preferences that you give us
Usage data: Information about how you use our website, products and
Special category data:
Some types of personal information are
special. We will only collect and use these types of information where we need
to and if the law allows us to:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Genetic or bio-metric data used for ID purposes
- Sexual orientation
- Criminal convictions data
- Pictures and/or video recordings.
What we use your personal information for
We collect and use personal information to:
- Deliver and improve our services, as set out in contacts and agreements with
- Properly manage our business in an effective manner.
- Contact you by post, email or telephone to respond to your queries and
provide you with information that you request of us
- Understand your needs and how they may best be met.
- Send marketing communications to you.
- Manage events, to promote our business and its services.
- Manage your marketing preferences and keep our records up to date.
- Administer our website and internal operations, including troubleshooting,
data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Improve our services and website and ensure that content is presented in the
most effective manner for you and your device.
- Process financial transactions, e.g. payments for services we provide to
you, or refunds due to you.
- Perform corporate activities such as the sale, merger or reorganisation of
- Prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption and protect our rights and
- Meet our legal responsibilities to the police and other law enforcement
agencies and government bodies.
- We may take pictures of you or your team before/during/after our matches
and/or attending one of our events, which we will publish publicly to our
website and/or social media channels.
The lawful basis for processing your personal information depends on the type
of information and the context in which you provide it. We rely on one or
more of the following lawful grounds for processing your personal
Consent: Where you have agreed to us processing your information for a
specific reason (e.g. you have consented to receive marketing materials from us)
Soft opt-in: Where we have an existing relationship that allows us to send
electronic marketing communications to you on an opt-out basis
Contract: The processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have
with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you
Legal obligation: The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal
obligation we have such as keeping records for compliance with our obligations
Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for our legitimate
interests, such as:
- To provide our services or information to you or any organisation you work
- To prevent and detect theft, fraud and other criminal activity.
- To protect our business interests.
- To manage our business (including business planning and promotion).
- To investigate complaints.
- To evaluate, develop or improve our services or products; or
- To keep you or our clients informed about relevant products and services and
provide you with information, unless you have indicated at any time that you
do not wish us to do so.
To the extent that we process any special categories of data relating to you
for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because:
- You have given us your explicit consent to process that data.
- We are required by law to process that data.
- The processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment,
social security or social protection law.
- The processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of
legal claims; or
- You have made the data manifestly public.
- Where we collect your personal information from.
We may collect personal information about you from the following
From you directly e.g. contact details provided by phone, email or when you
create an account with us.
From your use of our services: e.g. your IP address, location, domain name,
browser type, device ID, dates and times you access our services, number of
website visits, navigation history within, to and from the site.
From third parties: e.g. Publicly available resources such as Companies House,
internet social network sites such as LinkedIn, market researchers, marketing
companies and events companies, analytics providers such as Google Analytics.
Website users may upload a picture of themselves to their profile page which we
will use on our website (player’s page or any other pages including social media
channels). This picture will be available to many teams/users to view and we
will keep in our system permanently unless the user removes it themselves or by
direct request to London Football.
Who we share your information with
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers, including providers of document analysis tools used by us
in the course of providing our products and services.
- Commercial partners of ours, where you have opted in to receiving marketing
information from them.
- The police and other law enforcement agencies and HMRC and other government
bodies where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so.
- Debt recovery agencies, to recover overdue amounts due to us.
- Potential or actual purchasers of any part of our business or assets, or
other third parties in the context of a possible transfer or restructuring
of our business.
We do not take any decisions about you based solely on automated processing (i.e.
without human involvement) which have a legal or similarly significant effect on
If you choose not to give your personal information
If you choose not to give your personal information, it may delay or prohibit us
from meeting our obligations or lead to us cancelling the service you have with
How long we keep your personal information
If you have previously opted in to receive communications from us, or are an
active player, we will continue to hold your personal information. You may, at
any time, exercise your right to stop receiving marketing and promotional
information from us by unsubscribing or by contacting us at the email address
provided below. At that point, we will delete your personal information from our
central communication database and only contact you on matters concerning your
Using our website
Our website may contain links that make it easy for you to visit other websites.
If you use such links to leave the website and visit a website operated by a
third party, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any
personal information which you provide while visiting such websites. You should
exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in
when you use our website, not to collect additional information about you. You
can configure your web browser so as not to accept Cookies, although this may
hinder the functionality of our website.
Under data protection law you have the following rights in respect of the
personal data about you that we process:
Access to your information: You have the right to request a copy of the
personal information about you that we hold.
Correcting your information: We want to make sure that your personal
information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct
any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these
Deletion of your information: You have the right to ask us to delete
personal information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes
for which it was obtained.
- We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn
your consent – see Withdrawing consent to using your information below.
- You have validly objected to our use of your personal information – see
Objecting to how we may use your information below.
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other
Objecting to how we use your information: You have the right at any time
to require us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing
purposes. In addition, where we use your personal information to perform tasks
carried out in the public interest or pursuant to the legitimate interests of us
or a third party then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that personal
information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
Restricting how we use your information: In some cases, you may ask us to
restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for
example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you
that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use
of your information. The right might also apply where this is no longer a basis
for using your personal information but you don't want us to delete the data.
Where this right is validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal
information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public
interest grounds to do so.
Transfer: If we process personal information that you provide to us on the
basis of consent or because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to
which you are party, and in either case that processing is carried out by
automated means, then you have the right to have that personal information
transmitted to you in a machine readable format. Where technically feasible, you
also have the right to have that personal information transmitted directly to
Withdrawing consent using your information: Where we use your personal
information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we
will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent
Please contact us in any of the ways set out in the Contact information and
further advice section if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
not sell user data to third party organisations. If the company and/or web site
is sold to a third party, your data will be transferred to the new organisation.
Changes to our privacy statement We keep this privacy statement under
regular review and will place any updates on this website.
last updated on August 1st, 2020.
Contact information and further advice If you have any questions about
this privacy statement or how we handle your personal information please contact
us Contact Us
Complaints We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle
personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the
regulator in your jurisdiction:
- For customers in the UK, please contact the Information Commissioner's
- By phone: 0303 123 1113
- By post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
- Online: Contact the Information Commissioner's Office